Oct 2, 2012

miracle of life.

the miracle of life. it really struck me hard the other day as i glanced up at my refrigerator door and saw both ultrasound pictures side by side. i took a moment to really look at each one. the first was when i was only 7 weeks - the baby looked no bigger than the size of a pea. so tiny!
and then i spent some time examining the second picture. 20 weeks and you can see his entire frame - the spine, brain, feet, hands - everything! astounding, isn't it?
 in that moment, i was reminded just how incredibly awesome our God is! his design for life is so intricate and beautiful. and what makes it more special is that i know that my heavenly father loves my child more than i do. he knows every little detail about my little one and has a plan for his life. and for this momma's often fearful heart, that's a comforting thought.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." 
Psalm 139:13-16




 

No comments:

Post a Comment