Jun 6, 2013

banana pudding anyone?



I have a major sweet tooth + banana pudding is simply one of the best desserts ever created. I know that earlier this week, I said that s'mores were my favorite (still are) but banana pudding holds a close second. I mean, who doesn't love banana pudding? I'll admit that I've had pudding that really wasn't that great but I contribute that to the fact it wasn't being made the right way. Don't ever use banana flavored pudding. Not ever. That gives you that artificial banana taste. That't not what we want here. If that's what you were doing before, you'll thank me after trying it this way. Trust me.



Banana Pudding:

Ingredients:
1 oz. package cream cheese
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 5 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups of milk (I use less than what's directed on the pudding box.
Makes it more creamy)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 package vanilla wafers

Directions:

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk + vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish (or bowl like I did above*) with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipping topping. 

Chill + Enjoy!

*If you use a bowl like I did, make sure to reserve half of the wafers, bananas + pudding mixture so you can do two layers. I personally prefer it this way. Makes it pretty to look at + I like the pudding to banana/wafer ratio.

 
Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment