May 9, 2013

expectations, mommyhood + grace


dear reader, i'm sure it's no surprise to you that i haven't posted much on here lately and i feel the need to explain myself. not that i'm making excuses. life has just been a little more crazy than usual and has left me feeling uninspired. i don't know about you but it's hard for me to think creatively when i have a screaming baby on my hip while the toilet's overflowing. and yes, that really happened. 

the truth is, being "supermom" is just plain hard. i often put expectations on myself and if i don't live up to them, i feel like a failure. so many negative thoughts start to creep their way into my little head and in that moment, sitting down and sharing my "wonderful" life through my blog is the last thing i want to do. i think as women, wives and mothers, we want others to think that we have it all together. i know i do. i clean the whole house even if a friend is only stopping by for a few minutes. i panic if my little one starts crying for no apparent reason in the grocery store. why do we do these things? friend, let's be real with one another. let's not hide behind our pride and self-righteousness. it only imprisons us. we need to remember that we've already been set free. let's live by the grace of God. every day. every moment.

"For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace" Romans 6:14 

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen. Thanks for sharing, sister. Inspiration is coming in a whole new ways these days.

    ReplyDelete