Oct 22, 2012

lincoln's nursery!

the nursery is complete & i must say that it's now my favorite room in our apartment! i really just want to relax in the rocking chair, prop my feet up & read books to the little guy currently taking up residence in my belly. we wanted to keep lincoln's nursery simple but still fun by adding a few unique pieces to his room. one of the things i REALLY wanted was a faux deer head for the wall but they can be super-duper expensive so i decided to brave the world of paper mache & make my own (i know. pretty ambitious) BUT i am completely happy with it, especially considering that it only cost me $20 to make! and just so you know, i'll be sharing the details on how your can make your very own deer head so stay tuned!

and a HUGE "thank you" goes out to the following people for helping out with our nursery project:

The Zywica Family
Cori Backus
Laura Phillips
  (you guys are the best!)


 happy monday, friends.  

 

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! We have similiar ledges for books in our nursery but the hubs and I have not agreed on what height to hang them. I was thinking lower so the baby could reach them when he/she is a toddler, but I just don't know yet! Any ideas/advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most kids (toddlers) go through a phase where their favorite thing to do is empty out shelves, drawers and cabinets! I always thought it would be great to have the books at a level where the kids can reach them, but our boys often just pulled them off the shelf and threw them onto the floor. The books have taken a beating and we've had to tape some of them back together. So now we are placing them higher!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Emily! As far as a certain height for the bookshelves goes, it's totally up to you! We personally thought that it might be safer to keep them up higher just in case he pulls down on them once he becomes mobile but that's just us. I know a friend who has them lower so their son can reach his books. Can't wait to see your fun nursery ideas! :

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the nursery! It looks great! I can't wait for Lincoln to get here and enjoy it with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! How are things coming along for you guys? Layla's due to come soon, right?

      Delete